We are aware that women affected by stalking might be concerned about how measures against the spread of coronavirus/COVID-19 might impact on their safety and situation. This is why we want to make sure that women in Scotland can continue to download FollowIt App during this period. Documenting incidents of stalking can be helpful in keeping track of what is happening and gain some control over the situation.
Our team has taken steps to ensure women can continue to access our app as the circumstances develop. We will review our procedures and update this information as necessary.
To protect our staff and their families, we have moved to remote working. However, the process to download FollowIt App, which requires a short phone call, will remain the same and it will follow our usual security and privacy standards.
While the usual download process will not change, our response times and the ways to contact us may see some changes:
- To download the app, you can continue to use our online form or you can call us on 0141 331 4538. If you call, we won’t be able to respond to your call immediately. Please leave a voice message with your contact details and a safe time to contact you and we will return the call.
- We will endeavour to respond to download requests as soon as we can. Although, in some circumstances it may take longer. Please bear with us and rest assured that we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Social distancing and self-isolation recommendations can be very difficult to cope with, especially if you are experiencing stalking. If you are feeling anxious/worried and you would like some emotional and practical support, the following agencies can help.
Remember: you are not alone, there are organisations that can help you through this situation.
- National Stalking Helpline – 0808 802 0300 (daily 9:30 am – 4 pm, except Wednesday 1 pm – 4 pm)
- Rape Crisis Scotland helpline – 08088 01 03 02 (everyday 6 pm – midnight)
- Scottish Women’s Rights Centre – legal helpline 08088 010 789 (full times here)
- Rape Crisis Scotland’s – Stalking leaflet – This leaflet helps you to identify stalking behaviours and some practical information on keeping yourself safe.
- Reporting stalking to the police: your rights – The Scottish Women’s Rights Centre’s legal guide explains your rights if you decide to report the stalking to the police.